Children and Social Anxiety

Page under Development

See pages 10-13 of NICE Social Anxiety Guidelines for the General Public.

The best NHS option for parents considered about their child’s social anxiety is to consider a referral to Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). You can find your local NHS CAMHS service via but more often than not, the referral needs to come from the GP.

Please also see these CBT based self-helf books at Amazon: – Overcoming-Childs-Shyness-Social-Anxiety – Parent-Led-CBT-Child-Anxiety

Please also see these links to other websites: – Social anxiety disorder in children

Please also see our pages on Teenagers and social anxiety.